I aim to make honest work that anyone can appreciate while still having the capacity for intellectual viewing.
I like seeing the razor mark. In the formal sense, my collages are gestural because the act of physically cutting paper for me is openly emotional, a manner of moving quick to compose visual poems.
I think of my collages as painting with found ink. I make multiple pieces at once. Very quickly, not thinking too much. Long periods of walking around feeling useless. Moments of feeling timeless and pure. Loud music. I don’t know any other way.
Please find prints + collages for sale in my shop.
Born in Morgantown, WV.
Living in Minneapolis, MN.
Last updated Feb 2019.
This website is always under construction.
Interview and Feature. WePresent. August 2018.
- Art Feature. Format Spotlight. February 2018
- Art Feature. Harpers Magazine. Page 17. 2017. Print.
- Featured on NOICE
- Interviewed on Young-Space.com
- Featured in The Steidz Magazine Online
- Featured on Toombes.com
- Featured on For-Example.com
- Featured on UncommonTendancy.com
- Low Contrast, Oxford House, Amsterdam, 2017
- Scope Presents: Sam Hertz and Jack Samels, Spektrum, Berlin, 2017
- Vessels, Wolvenstraat Bar, Amsterdam, 2017
- Juried Show, Rabbithole Gallery, New York, NY, 2016
- familiar.Caves, Wright Museum of Art, Beloit, WI, USA, 2011